Bacon wrapped dates are the perfect combination of savory, salty and sweet! This 2 ingredient appetizer is gluten-free, paleo and Whole30 approved! It’s my go-to appetizer for every occasion!
I highly recommend using bacon without sugar (the brand Applegate makes a great one). Purchasing dates that are already pitted will save you some time, but if you can’t find those at the grocery store just slice each date down the middle and remove the pits before starting.
I usually cut my bacon into thirds but yours needed length may vary based on the brand of bacon you use. You want each bacon piece to fully cover each date and just slightly overlap. You can also secure with a toothpick to ensure it stays in place while baking.
They will look like this going into the oven.
I like to add blue cheese on top of mine on occasion for a little extra zest (note, it will not be Whole30 compliant if you add cheese).
Easy Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 1 package bacon preferably sugar free, I use applegate
- 1 package dates pitted
- blue cheese optional for sprinkling
- preheat oven to 400
- slice bacon into thirds (see photo) and make sure all the pits are removed from each date
- wrap the cut bacon strip around the date, you can secure with a toothpick where the bacon overlaps to keep in place
- bake for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through
- you may need to cook an additional few minutes depending on how crispy you like your bacon
- optional – sprinkle with blue cheese when they come out of the oven
- serve immediately
Let me know if you try these bacon wrapped dates, I would love to hear from you in the comments below or over on Instagram. Looking for more appetizers? Check out my easy recipe for buffalo chicken dip.
Thanks so much for reading! Xo- Lo