This simmer pot recipe from Williams Sonoma is perfect for the Spring season! Add this to your stovetop and thank me later because your home will smell so light and refreshing. It’s such a simple way to make hosting or a day spent at home just lovely without an harsh chemicals that are often found in air fresheners or candles.
Keep reading to learn what ingredients you will need:
Gather your ingredients
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 slices grapefruit
- 1 Meyer lemon, cut into slices
- 1 tsp. Nielsen-Massey Mexican Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. 5-Pepper Blend Peppercorns
- 8 cups (64 fl. oz./1.9l) water
Slice up your grapefruit and lemon and measure the rest of your ingredients. Place them into the pot however you’d like, top with water.
Crank your heat up to high and allow the mixture to come to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to the lowest setting and allow to simmer as long as you’d like. Don’t forget to check on the water levels often and add more water as needed.
You could also make this in a crockpot instead of the stovetop.
… AND ENJOY!
This is an easy, quick, and non-toxic way to spruce up your home while having over guests this Spring or Summer! There is little to no prep time and the cleanup is super minimal.
Williams Sonoma Spring Simmer Pot
- Williams Sonoma Simmer Pot
- 5 Fresh Thyme
- 3 Slices of Grape Fruit
- 1 Meyer Lemon cut into slices
- 1 tsp Nielsen-Massey Mexican Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp 5-Pepper Blend Peppercorns
- 8 cups Water
- Gather your ingredients
- Slice your fruits
- Place ingredients into simmer pot and pour in water until all ingredients are covered (about 8 cups)
- Crank your heat up to high and allow the mixture to come to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to the lowest setting and allow to simmer as long as you'd like. (Don't forget to check on the water levels often and add more water as needed.)
Shop the products below that I used to make this easy and quick recipe!
shop the post
Scroll through the images below and select an image to shop
A simmer pot can be a great non-toxic option for making your whole house smell great. Not only is it easy to prepare, but you can keep it out for days on end! I usually keep mine going for two weeks! Just add in some fresh fruit and vanilla every few days to increase the scent.