Tis the season! Fall is right around the corner and it’s time for all things pumpkin! This Pumpkin Spice Puree has endless opportunities. You can add a spoonful to your coffee, spread on top of cheese + crackers with a charcuterie board, or mix in your favorite cocktail!
This is easy to keep organic by using organic pumpkin puree and organic spices. I like this brand of pumpkin. For storing, I keep in a mason jar but any air tight container will work. Note: this recipe will make about 30oz so you will need at least 2 mason jars or a larger sized container for storing.
This puree is FABULOUS in a margarita! It may sound strange at first but I promise it’s delicious. I use this margarita recipe as my base, just omit the berries & herbs and add a heaping tablespoon of the pumpkin spice puree instead. I’ve also used this puree in place of apple butter! It is a similar texture, so think about spreading it on your morning toast or paring with brie cheese and fruit for a festive appetizer or snack.
Pumpkin Spice Puree
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar more if you prefer sweeter
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- add pumpkin and water into a saucepan and bring to a boil
- add all spices and sugar until combined
- lower heat to a simmer and allow ingredients to simmer for at least 5 minutes
- allow mixture to completely cool before storing in an air tight container (I use a mason jar)
And its as easy as that! Let me know if you try your own Pumpkin Spice Puree!
Thanks so much for reading, Xo – Lo