I thought it would be fun to share a few of my favorite products and gadgets that I love and use on a weekly basis. In no particular order, below is a very random list of products that I’ve stumbled upon over the years, and am now completely hooked on and can’t live without!
- ZERO WATER- I was introduced to ZeroWater about two years ago when my friend Marissa offered me a drink at her house. I hadn’t given much thought to the taste of water (has anyone?) and I don’t think I’ve ever commented on it before that day, but it tasted SO good. She told me about this water filter she discovered, ZeroWater. Most tap water contains dissolved solids (gross) and this filtration process claims to remove 99.6% of TDS (total dissolved solids) from your tap water, such as aluminum and lead. It comes with a water testing meter so you always know when it’s time to replace the filter. (Pro tip- do not take the testing meter with you on vacation and test the water at your hotel out of curiosity, it will gross you out for the duration of your trip.) When you test the water after it’s filtered, the meter reads 0.00, hence the name. The science is interesting but I bought it for the taste. It tastes 1000x better than the filtered water that’s built in our refrigerator and I threw my Brita in the trash. I have never experienced drinking untouched Artic glacier water, but I imagine it would taste like this.
- DOHM SOUND MACHINE– I am an insomniac, and it is the WORST. Am I the only one who has to drink at least 7 cups of coffee just to form a sentence in the mornings, but as soon as the sun goes down my brain kicks into overdrive?!
I have never related to anything more ^ Anyways, I’m always looking for ways to help me fall asleep and STAY asleep. This sound machine from Dohm is a game changer. The model I have has two speed settings that both sound like rushing air (think about the sound of your air conditioner in the car on full blast). I keep mine on my nightstand and it helps drown sounds of the house settling, the dogs walking around, or anything else that used to wake me up in the middle of the night. I originally purchased it in hopes that the sound would help me stay asleep, but the longer I’ve had it I’ve noticed that I’ve also been able to fall asleep much faster. I think my body has learned to associate that sound with sleep, so the second I flip the switch and hear the familiar, comforting sound I instantly start to relax. Bonus- it’s so small, I pack it in my suitcase to help me sleep on trips!
- ULLO- Okay guys..so this product is number 3 on the list, but it’s number one in my heart. When I got the idea to write this post, this was actually the very first product to make the list! To say I am a wine enthusiast is an understatement. There is nothing I love more at the end of a long week than to unwind with a large glass of Cabernet. What I didn’t love were the headaches that I almost always got after drinking wine. Thanks to Ullo, I can now enjoy a second glass of wine WITHOUT GETTING A HEADACHE! The headaches that are associated with wine are often related to a sensitivity from the sulfites that are added during production as a preservative. Some sulfites do occur naturally in wine as a bi-product of fermentation, but most sulfite sensitivities/allergies occur from the added sulfites which are artificially derived chemicals. These added sulfates are what the Ullo is removing, leaving you with wine that tastes like its natural state from the vineyard.Okay, so how does it work!? The Ullo fits perfectly on top of almost any decanter or wine glass. You just pour the wine and it passes through a filter that targets and retains only the sulfites, allowing the wine to flow through to your glass without compromising the integrity of the wine. Even if you’re not remotely interested in removing chemicals, the taste difference alone would be enough to make you want to invest in an Ullo. Not surprisingly, removing artificial chemicals makes it taste even better! Don’t feel like going and spending money on a super nice bottle of wine? No problem, go get a $7 bottle, run it through Ullo, and be amazed at how fantastic it tastes. This product has completely spoiled me and I refuse to drink wine without it. I’ve given this as a gift for birthdays, wedding showers, housewarming parties, etc. Basically what I’m suggesting is that you immediately go get an Ullo and drink a glass or three to test it out for yourself. You’re basically contributing to science. You are welcome.
- HYALURONIC ACID – When I first told my sister about this product she said I was crazy for putting acid on my face! But since I’m older and wiser, I informed her that although it sounds intimidating, it’s naturally present in the human body! It acts as a lubricating or cushioning agent everywhere from your eyeballs to your knees, and it can be used as a moisturizer on your skin. It’s had a recent rise in popularity in the skincare world, and now you can find it as an ingredient in tons of beauty products on the shelves. After I wash my face in the evenings, I apply HA before I use my moisturizer to help plump my skin and combat fine lines and wrinkles. I can tell a significant difference when I use it, especially around my eyes and smile lines.
- ST. TROPEZ BRONZING MOUSSE- I’ve been hooked on sunless tanners ever since I discovered the MysticTan in college (my undergrad skin color ranged from Creamsicle orange to rich mahogany …woof). I’ve used dozens of different sunless tanning products over the years and this mousse by St. Tropez is hands down my favorite. You apply it with a mitt which gives you a very even application with no streaks. It’s slightly tinted when you apply it which enables you to see where you have already applied so you never miss a spot! Its thin consistency allows it to dry much faster than any other tanner I’ve tried, which is the main reason it is my favorite. No one has the time to sit around and wait on your legs to dry before you get dressed!
There you have it, my 5 favorite products that I cannot live without! None of these are sponsored in any way, I just adore them all and wanted to share! You can scroll through below and click the photos to shop the post. Have you ever tried any of these? Do you have any questions about them? Let me know in the comments below!!
XoXo – Lo