Hey favorites! Today I am sharing my top makeup must-haves that every girl should own! I’m leaving off things like foundations and eyeshadows, and instead focusing on basics that work with most skin tones and types. So without further ado, here are my top 8 beauty staples!
- ONE| This is hands down the best setting powder I’ve ever tried. I apply it with this brush to set my concealer and foundation. It’s translucent so it doesn’t add any color and doesn’t make you look cakey or “dusty.” You don’t need to apply a lot of product for it to work, so one jar will last for several months.
- TWO| My aesthetician recommended that I try this primer about a year ago. I was going in for my monthly microdermabrasion treatment and she told me that the products I was using were probably causing breakouts. She had me switch to several Jane Iredale products because they contain high quality ingredients that are actually good for your skin. This primer contains tea extracts as an anti-inflammatory and algae to fight aging and prevent moisture loss. I apply it directly under my foundation to protect my skin and to blur fine lines and wrinkles (bonus- it smells AMAZING!)
- THREE| I’m always on the hunt for companies that don’t use harmful ingredients in their products, so when a girlfriend told me about Limelight it was a no brainer. Similar to Jane, Limelight makeup also contains ingredients that are actually good for your skin. I loved the line so much I decided to become a beauty guide! This lip liner is one of my very favorite products, it’s the perfect neutral color to wear on its own or layer under gloss or lipstick. You can shop my other Limelight faves here.
- FOUR| If you’re looking for an every day color, look no further. This gloss in the color “sugar” is by far the most natural lip color I’ve ever tried. I hate how some “nude” lipsticks are too light and make your lips look washed out. This has the perfect amount of mauve/beige undertones to make your lips show up without looking like you have on tons of product. My favorite combo is wearing it under this lipliner, but its works great on it’s own too.
- FIVE| this is the most accurate review I have ever read. If you’re reading this, Autumn J, please email me- we should be besties. I’m just going to leave this here and move right along..
- SIX| This brow pencil is just as good as Anastasia’s Brow Wiz, but a fraction of the price! I use the color taupe to shape and fill in my brows every day.
- SEVEN| This product lives up to it’s name “perfect eyeliner pen.” It’s super easy to apply and lasts foreeever. I wear contact lenses and have allergies (aka my eyes are always watering) and this lasts all day long!
- EIGHT| This contour palate is the only one you will ever need. It has two light shades that can be used as highlighter or powder, two darker contour/bronzer shades, a neutral blush and a shimmer highlighter all in one. I love throwing this is in my purse because it has everything you need to touch up throughout the day..plus, it smells like vanilla..so there’s that.
What are some of your favorite makeup staples?