Chili is an all time fall favorite! With all the classic flavors of traditional chili, this pumpkin chili recipe creates a slightly smoother consistency with just a hint of sweetness!
Try to use all organic ingredients if possible, my favorite organic pumpkin is linked here.
I adore this pumpkin serving bowl!! I could not believe it was only $15! It looks exactly like my Pottery Barn serving dishes and is literally a fraction of the price.
scroll through the images below and select a photo to shop!
- 1 pkg ground beef or turkey
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 can cannellini beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can chili beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes- diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 T EVOO
- brown meat in pan and set aside
- in a large pot, heat EVOO to medium heat
- add in onion, garlic, and both bell peppers and saute until softened (about 10 min)
- add in chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper and stir until well combined
- add in both beans, pumpkin, tomatoes, browned meat, and chicken broth – stir until well combined
- turn up the heat to bring to a boil, then immediately reduce to a simmer
- cover with lid and allow chili to simmer on low for at least 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- serve with your favorite garnish like cheese, sour cream, or avocado !
Want more pumpkin? Be sure to check out my recipe for homemade pumpkin spice puree!
Thanks so much for reading, Xo – Lo