Cobblers are a southern favorite for any occasion! This recipe was originally given to me by my husband’s aunt as a peach cobbler, and I tweaked it this summer when I wanted to use from fresh strawberries from the patch! With only 5 ingredients, this really is the easiest strawberry cobbler!
Don’t forget to thoroughly wash your strawberries before chopping! Check out my non-toxic produce wash!
Easiest Strawberry Cobbler
- 1 cup self rising flour **
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 8 oz stick butter melted
- 1 tsp butter (for greasing pan)
- 2 cups fresh chopped strawberries
- **if you have all-purpose flour you will need to add in 2 tsp of baking powder & 1/2 tsp salt
- preheat oven to 350
- wash and chop the fresh strawberries
- combine flour & sugar in large bowl
- add melted butter and milk
- prepare a baking dish with butter (I used my Pyrex 9.5″ glass pie pan)
- pour the batter evenly into the dish
- spoon strawberries directly on top of the batter – do NOT stir
- bake for 45-60 min, time may vary depending on pan size + oven
And its as easy as that! Let me know if you try it!
Thanks so much for reading, Xo – Lo