Cobblers are a southern favorite for any occasion! This recipe was originally given to me by my husband’s aunt as a peach cobbler, and I tweaked it this summer when I wanted to use from fresh strawberries from the patch! With only 5 ingredients, this really is the easiest strawberry cobbler!
This is my go-to easy dessert in the summertime. Nothing says summer in the south quite like the combination of homemade cobbler and ice cream! You can easily substitute the strawberries in this recipe for peaches, raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries.
Don’t forget to thoroughly wash your strawberries before chopping! Check out my non-toxic produce wash!
If you’re local to Athens, Ga, be sure to check out Washington Farms in the summertime for the freshest strawberries!
Best served on a front porch in the summertime 🙂 Pair with your favorite vanilla bean ice cream for the perfect combination of warm + cold treats.
Easiest Strawberry Cobbler
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour self rising
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups strawberries washed and chopped
- preheat oven to 350
- melt stick of butter and set aside
- whisk together flour, sugar, vanilla and milk in a large bowl
- slowly add melted butter and whisk together
- pour batter into a greased baking dish or pie dish (I use butter to grease the pan)
- add strawberries directly on top of the batter – don't stir!
- bake until batter is golden brown and the mixture is set throughout (usually between 45-60 min depending on your oven)
- allow to cool at least 10 minutes before serving
And its as easy as that! Let me know if you try my version of the easiest strawberry cobbler!
Thanks so much for reading, Xo – Lo