Halloween is just around the corner, and this black widow martini is the perfect concoction for any upcoming Halloween parties or late October nights. Don’t let the name fool you – the fresh blackberries and mint make the martini refreshing and deceptively delicious, and the Angel’s Envy bourbon brings hints of darkness and lingering sweetness. Keep reading for the full list of ingredients and recipe!
What You Need:
Angel’s Envy Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Black Widow Martini
- 2 oz Angel's Envy Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 oz Ginger beer
- 1/2 cup Fresh blackberries
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced and slices for garnish
- 1 handful Mint
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Muddle the blackberries, juice of 1/2 a lemon, sugar, and mint together.
- Use a mesh strainer to strain the muddled mixture into your cocktail shaker
- add Angel's Envy and ginger beer into shaker.
- Add ice and shake.
- Strain into martini glasses.
- Garnish with leftover blackberries, lemon slices, and fake spiders for a spooky touch.
Have leftover blackberries, lemons, and ginger beer? Try this blackberry bourbon poptail for another fun cocktail this Halloween weekend!
In the past, I’ve also made a spooky sherbet spritzer for Halloween. It is so tasty and bubbly and makes a great mocktail so everyone can enjoy!
This black widow martini is bold, dark, and sure to complete your Halloween night. Let me know in the comments or on my Instagram @lo_chandler which poison you pick this Halloween! And I hope you and your family have a safe and fun Halloween.
Thanks for reading!
photographs by Repurposed Photography